What is a Hemispheric Camera
Hemispheric camera is defined as wide-angle scope, more specifically, it can capture up to 180 degrees. Normally this type of camera is mounted on wall or ceiling. It is very useful when you are monitoring a street, lobby, street, or wide hallway.
Why Hemispheric Camera
The use of 180 degree is to have the wide angle view, if you apply 2 or 3 conventional corner-CCTVs to govern a lobby, it’s not cost-effective nor useful. Below are some reasons for you to ponder on:
- It cost more to install multiple cameras.
- You need more processing power, i.e. servers.
- You might be paying more on camera license and software license.
- You need more bandwidth to support multiple channel of video feeds.
- You don’t know the exact direction of motion of people walking around.
- Less effective to use thermal camera and motion detection for 3 simultaneous cameras, you will face a lot of alarm signals with same event happening.
- More blind spot even though 3 cameras are installed.
In Infinixtech, we believe in cost-effective solution is crucial for all our customers. If the area of scope is feasible and appropriate, we will recommend a 360 degrees ceiling mounted or a 180 degrees hemispheric camera. You will be able to solve or improve the conditions mentioned above.
The technology driving the processor is powerful, the view is adjusted to be seen as normal eyeball view; compared to other hemispheric camera, you might get a skewed image (fish eye) effect. This technology is called “Dewarping”.
High resolution camera provides you clear image and better zoom. If you couple with thermal imaging and/or motion detector, you will have a powerful system to govern all movements within the vicinity and send you accurate signals when there is an unusual event.
If you’re looking for analytics such as object counting (or people counting); our hemispheric camera works very well as well. Since only one camera governs all area, the algorithms behind becomes straightforward and make no room for errors. Best part of all, the features can all be your with NO CHARGE! T&C applies.
If you’re in Penang island or mainland, give us a call and we can schedule a meeting for you as soon as possible. If you’re from Kedah or Perak, we can schedule an appointment with you within 1-3 days, excluding public holidays.